From EatingWell: July/August 1993
Instead of cantaloupe, you may also use Persian, Crenshaw or casaba melon in this refreshing ginger-infused soup.
- 1 large ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes (4 1/2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons slivered crystallized ginger, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place cantaloupe, 3 tablespoons ginger, orange zest and honey in a food processor or blender and puree. Add yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the orange and lemon juices. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Garnish each portion with some of the remaining ginger.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 115 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 51 mg sodium; 476 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (100% daily value), Vitamin A (86% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- July/August 1993