From EatingWell: July/August 1993
Instead of cantaloupe, you may also use Persian, Crenshaw or casaba melon in this refreshing ginger-infused soup.
- 1 large ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes (4 1/2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons slivered crystallized ginger, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place cantaloupe, 3 tablespoons ginger, orange zest and honey in a food processor or blender and puree. Add yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the orange and lemon juices. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Garnish each portion with some of the remaining ginger.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per serving: 115 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 51 mg sodium; 476 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (100% daily value), Vitamin A (86% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- July/August 1993