Double Ginger Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
Thin, crispy ginger cookies are perfect for making mini ice cream sandwiches. Double the gingery flavor with the addition of sweet and spicy crystallized ginger in the frozen yogurt. It’s hard to eat just one!
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 16 thin ginger crisps, such as Anna’s brand
- Mix frozen yogurt, ginger and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture on 8 cookies, then top each with another cookie. Freeze in a single layer until firm, at least 1 1/2 hours. Individually wrap once frozen solid.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Individually wrap and keep in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- Storage smarts: For long-term freezer storage, wrap your food in a layer of plastic wrap followed by a layer of foil. The plastic will help prevent freezer burn while the foil will help keep off-odors from seeping into the food.
Per serving: 70 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 5 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 81 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Mother's Day
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2013