Double Ginger Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
Thin, crispy ginger cookies are perfect for making mini ice cream sandwiches. Double the gingery flavor with the addition of sweet and spicy crystallized ginger in the frozen yogurt. It’s hard to eat just one!
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 16 thin ginger crisps, such as Anna’s brand
- Mix frozen yogurt, ginger and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture on 8 cookies, then top each with another cookie. Freeze in a single layer until firm, at least 1 1/2 hours. Individually wrap once frozen solid.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Individually wrap and keep in the freezer for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 70 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 5 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 81 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Mother's Day
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2013