Double Ginger Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
Thin, crispy ginger cookies are perfect for making mini ice cream sandwiches. Double the gingery flavor with the addition of sweet and spicy crystallized ginger in the frozen yogurt. It’s hard to eat just one!
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 16 thin ginger crisps, such as Anna’s brand
- Mix frozen yogurt, ginger and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture on 8 cookies, then top each with another cookie. Freeze in a single layer until firm, at least 1 1/2 hours. Individually wrap once frozen solid.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Individually wrap and keep in the freezer for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 70 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 5 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 81 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Mother's Day
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2013