Double Ginger Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
Thin, crispy ginger cookies are perfect for making mini ice cream sandwiches. Double the gingery flavor with the addition of sweet and spicy crystallized ginger in the frozen yogurt. It’s hard to eat just one!
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 16 thin ginger crisps, such as Anna’s brand
- Mix frozen yogurt, ginger and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture on 8 cookies, then top each with another cookie. Freeze in a single layer until firm, at least 1 1/2 hours. Individually wrap once frozen solid.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Individually wrap and keep in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- Storage smarts: For long-term freezer storage, wrap your food in a layer of plastic wrap followed by a layer of foil. The plastic will help prevent freezer burn while the foil will help keep off-odors from seeping into the food.
Per serving: 70 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 5 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 81 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Mother's Day
- May/June 2013