Double Ginger Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
Thin, crispy ginger cookies are perfect for making mini ice cream sandwiches. Double the gingery flavor with the addition of sweet and spicy crystallized ginger in the frozen yogurt. It’s hard to eat just one!
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 16 thin ginger crisps, such as Anna’s brand
- Mix frozen yogurt, ginger and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture on 8 cookies, then top each with another cookie. Freeze in a single layer until firm, at least 1 1/2 hours. Individually wrap once frozen solid.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Individually wrap and keep in the freezer for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 70 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 5 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 81 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Mother's Day
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2013