Ginger Frozen Yogurt in Brandy-Snap Tulips
From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Brandied cookie cups are an elegant serving vessel for gingered frozen yogurt.
- 1 quart nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped drained ginger in syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 Brandy-Snap Tulips, (recipe follows)
- Soften the frozen yogurt in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl and, with a wooden spoon or whisk, stir in the chopped ginger and ground ginger. Return the mixture to the carton, cover and return to the freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve: Soften the frozen yogurt in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Place Brandy-Snap Tulips on dessert plates and scoop some of the yogurt into each tulip.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and freeze the frozen yogurt (Step 1) can be for up to 4 days.
Per serving: 183 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 0 g fiber; 74 mg sodium; 258 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- November/December 1992