Ginger Frozen Yogurt in Brandy-Snap Tulips
From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Brandied cookie cups are an elegant serving vessel for gingered frozen yogurt.
- 1 quart nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped drained ginger in syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 Brandy-Snap Tulips, (recipe follows)
- Soften the frozen yogurt in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl and, with a wooden spoon or whisk, stir in the chopped ginger and ground ginger. Return the mixture to the carton, cover and return to the freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve: Soften the frozen yogurt in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Place Brandy-Snap Tulips on dessert plates and scoop some of the yogurt into each tulip.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and freeze the frozen yogurt (Step 1) can be for up to 4 days.
Per serving: 183 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 0 g fiber; 74 mg sodium; 258 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- November/December 1992