Ginger Frozen Yogurt in Brandy-Snap Tulips
From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Brandied cookie cups are an elegant serving vessel for gingered frozen yogurt.
- 1 quart nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped drained ginger in syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 Brandy-Snap Tulips, (recipe follows)
- Soften the frozen yogurt in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl and, with a wooden spoon or whisk, stir in the chopped ginger and ground ginger. Return the mixture to the carton, cover and return to the freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve: Soften the frozen yogurt in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Place Brandy-Snap Tulips on dessert plates and scoop some of the yogurt into each tulip.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and freeze the frozen yogurt (Step 1) can be for up to 4 days.
Per serving: 183 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 0 g fiber; 74 mg sodium; 258 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- November/December 1992