Ginger Frozen Yogurt in Brandy-Snap Tulips
From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Brandied cookie cups are an elegant serving vessel for gingered frozen yogurt.
- 1 quart nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped drained ginger in syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 Brandy-Snap Tulips, (recipe follows)
- Soften the frozen yogurt in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl and, with a wooden spoon or whisk, stir in the chopped ginger and ground ginger. Return the mixture to the carton, cover and return to the freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve: Soften the frozen yogurt in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Place Brandy-Snap Tulips on dessert plates and scoop some of the yogurt into each tulip.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and freeze the frozen yogurt (Step 1) can be for up to 4 days.
Per serving: 183 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 0 g fiber; 74 mg sodium; 258 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- November/December 1992