Ginger Frozen Yogurt in Brandy-Snap Tulips
From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Brandied cookie cups are an elegant serving vessel for gingered frozen yogurt.
- 1 quart nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped drained ginger in syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 Brandy-Snap Tulips, (recipe follows)
- Soften the frozen yogurt in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl and, with a wooden spoon or whisk, stir in the chopped ginger and ground ginger. Return the mixture to the carton, cover and return to the freezer until ready to serve.
- To serve: Soften the frozen yogurt in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Place Brandy-Snap Tulips on dessert plates and scoop some of the yogurt into each tulip.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and freeze the frozen yogurt (Step 1) can be for up to 4 days.
Per serving: 183 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 0 g fiber; 74 mg sodium; 258 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fat-free milk, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- November/December 1992