This was great- I used green beans instead and a little grated parmesan.
Creamy Garlic Pasta with Shrimp & Vegetables
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Toss a garlicky, Middle Eastern-inspired yogurt sauce with pasta, shrimp, asparagus, peas and red bell pepper for a fresh, satisfying summer meal. Serve with: Slices of cucumber and tomato tossed with lemon juice and olive oil.
73 Reviews for Creamy Garlic Pasta with Shrimp & Vegetables
This was pretty plain when I was done, and I stopped at 1.5 tbs of lemon juice because it was about to become too much. So I added 1/4 cup cilantro and a bit of basil to taste. It worked perfecty, and was very good. If you find your sauce too liquidy, boil off the liquid until the sauce sticks to the pasta and until there is none that sinks to the bottom. Although I like asparagus, I think something else, like broccoli or green pepper would work better in this recipe.
Used rotissere chicken from grocery store instead of shrimp. Also added some low sodium non-fat chicken broth. This really helped cut the "yogart" taste. Also added a lot more cooked garlic. My family is from the south and loves good food! They actually thought this was a cream sauce!!!!
Doubled the recipe and between 5 people it was gone in 1 sitting! I may use a little less lemon juice next time.
Nope! I love the vegie & shrimp combo in this but the sauce adds a funky tart flavor. Don't ruin the good veggies & shrimp
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)