First off boiling everything in a big pot together is odd. I have never cooked anything like that before. I only used one tablespoon of lemon because I knew my kids would complain and I'm glad I did. Sauce has a tart taste. I liked it. Kids didn't but they don't like anything. The raw garlic is harsh even for me and I like raw garlic. Maybe cut back on the garlic or sauté first in the olive oil to take that strong bite away.
Creamy Garlic Pasta with Shrimp & Vegetables
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
Toss a garlicky, Middle Eastern-inspired yogurt sauce with pasta, shrimp, asparagus, peas and red bell pepper for a fresh, satisfying summer meal. Serve with: Slices of cucumber and tomato tossed with lemon juice and olive oil.
73 Reviews for Creamy Garlic Pasta with Shrimp & Vegetables
I make this recipe ALL the time and I love it every time I make it. My friends love it, my boyfriend loves it, my kids love it... and its easy. I'm so glad I did not listen to the negative reviews for the recipe! Its super easy and yummy!
I liked this but when I make it again, I will use less lemon juice. It made it a bit more tangy than I prefer. I used greek yogurt and it was a healthier alternative and had the same great taste.
The sauce was absolutely awful. Luckily I only made one serving so I didn't waste too many vegetables.
If you feel like purchasing and preparing some great ingredients and then ruining them, make this recipe. Literally anything other than this sauce would make this a better dish. Chocolate syrup, ice cream, or Mountain Dew would have made a better sauce. One suggestions, if you plan on making this for dinner, make sure you have a dinner reservation at a local restaurant for later that night. Gross!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)