From EatingWell: July/August 1992
At first glance, the amount of garlic in this recipe may seem a little alarming, but the technique of simmering the garlic in wine tempers its bite. Toss this full-bodied dressing with romaine lettuce, add crisp croutons and enjoy a healthful alternative to Caesar salad.
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine garlic and wine in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until the garlic cloves are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer the garlic and cooking liquid to a blender or food processor. Add vinegar, broth, oil and mustard; process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Per tablespoon: 19 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 36 mg sodium; 17 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Entertaining, casual
- July/August 1992