From EatingWell: May/June 1991
Thick, young garlic shoots, also called garlic scapes or green garlic, can be trimmed once or twice without harming the crop. Chop and saute them for a tasty omelet filling or use them here in this creamy dressing.
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green garlic tips, or 1 small clove garlic, chopped, plus 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice and 2 teaspoons honey in a small bowl. Whisk in oil and stir in garlic tips (or garlic and chives), 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more honey or salt as needed.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 26 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 7 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1991