From EatingWell: May/June 1991
Thick, young garlic shoots, also called garlic scapes or green garlic, can be trimmed once or twice without harming the crop. Chop and saute them for a tasty omelet filling or use them here in this creamy dressing.
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green garlic tips, or 1 small clove garlic, chopped, plus 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice and 2 teaspoons honey in a small bowl. Whisk in oil and stir in garlic tips (or garlic and chives), 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more honey or salt as needed.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 26 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 7 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1991