From EatingWell: May/June 1991
Thick, young garlic shoots, also called garlic scapes or green garlic, can be trimmed once or twice without harming the crop. Chop and saute them for a tasty omelet filling or use them here in this creamy dressing.
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-3 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green garlic tips, or 1 small clove garlic, chopped, plus 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice and 2 teaspoons honey in a small bowl. Whisk in oil and stir in garlic tips (or garlic and chives), 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more honey or salt as needed.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 26 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 77 mg sodium; 7 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1991