From EatingWell: July/August 1995
Pungent and crunchy, these croutons are best when made with good-quality bread.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 1/2-inch-thick slices French, Italian or sourdough bread
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- Preheat grill. Whisk together broth, anchovy paste and oil in a small bowl.
- Grill bread slices, turning once, until well toasted on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Rub one side of each slice with a cut side of the garlic clove and brush with anchovy sauce.
Per serving: 146 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 687 mg sodium; 47 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- July/August 1995