From EatingWell: July/August 1995
Pungent and crunchy, these croutons are best when made with good-quality bread.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 1/2-inch-thick slices French, Italian or sourdough bread
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- Preheat grill. Whisk together broth, anchovy paste and oil in a small bowl.
- Grill bread slices, turning once, until well toasted on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Rub one side of each slice with a cut side of the garlic clove and brush with anchovy sauce.
Per serving: 146 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 20 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 1 g fiber; 687 mg sodium; 47 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 1995