I just don't see how you get 2 2-cup servings out of this. I'm on weight watchers and measure everything precisely. It looked so small in the pan cooking 4 oz of sausage all that spinach and tomatoes. My final product fit on a tiny 8" dessert plate. There was not 4 cups of food.
Fusilli with Italian Sausage & Arugula
A whole teaspoon of black pepper along with a small amount of Italian turkey sausage deliver a piquant flavor without adding too much in the way of saturated fat and calories in this quick pasta dish. For maximum taste, use a high-quality cheese.
12 Reviews for Fusilli with Italian Sausage & Arugula
This was a hit with the whole family. I made two substitutions: Chicken, instead of sausage. Fresh basil, instead of arrugula. It was yummy and easy to make. Is it still considered healthy if the kids go back for seconds?
Recipe was great just as is, and super easy.
This was a very easy recipe and we enjoyed it very much! I substituted the pasta with quinoa and it was perfect!
I can't stand whole wheat pasta so I used regular organic. I also only added 2 cups of arugala because 4 cups looked like a lot! I also just added the cheese mixture and the pasta to the pan that had the sausage mixture and tossed it all together (I didn't want to dirty another dish!) Very tasty and filling!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)