Fruit Salad with Lime Yogurt
From EatingWell: April 1998
A zesty and refreshing simple fruit dessert.
- 1 large ripe honeydew melon, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a large bowl, toss melon, strawberries, lime juice and sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, lime zest and juice, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the yogurt mixture (Step 2) for up to 2 days.
- This easy recipe can dress up any fruit salad.
Per serving: 133 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 32 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 63 mg sodium; 433 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- April 1998
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less