Fruit Salad with Lime Yogurt
From EatingWell: April 1998
A zesty and refreshing simple fruit dessert.
- 1 large ripe honeydew melon, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a large bowl, toss melon, strawberries, lime juice and sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, lime zest and juice, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the yogurt mixture (Step 2) for up to 2 days.
- This easy recipe can dress up any fruit salad.
Per serving: 133 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 32 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 63 mg sodium; 433 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- April 1998
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique