Fruit Salad with Lime Yogurt
From EatingWell: April 1998
A zesty and refreshing simple fruit dessert.
- 1 large ripe honeydew melon, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a large bowl, toss melon, strawberries, lime juice and sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, lime zest and juice, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the yogurt mixture (Step 2) for up to 2 days.
- This easy recipe can dress up any fruit salad.
Per serving: 133 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 32 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 63 mg sodium; 433 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- April 1998
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique