Fruit Salad with Lime Yogurt
From EatingWell: April 1998
A zesty and refreshing simple fruit dessert.
- 1 large ripe honeydew melon, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a large bowl, toss melon, strawberries, lime juice and sugar. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, sugar, lime zest and juice, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the yogurt mixture (Step 2) for up to 2 days.
- This easy recipe can dress up any fruit salad.
Per serving: 133 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 32 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 63 mg sodium; 433 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- April 1998
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique