Fruit & Pecan Granola Bars
From EatingWell: January/February 1998
Granola bars are a snap to make—keep a batch of these on hand for when hunger strikes.
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups toasted oats
- 2/3 cup chopped dried cranberries, or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-by-11-inch pan with foil. Coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk egg, egg white, sugar, oil, cinnamon, salt and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in oats, cranberries (or raisins), pecans and flour. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool; cut into bars with a lightly oiled knife.
Per serving: 119 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 44 mg sodium; 17 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Diabetes appropriate
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Baked Goods, bars & cookies
- January/February 1998