Fruit & Pecan Granola Bars
From EatingWell: January/February 1998
Granola bars are a snap to make—keep a batch of these on hand for when hunger strikes.
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups toasted oats
- 2/3 cup chopped dried cranberries, or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-by-11-inch pan with foil. Coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk egg, egg white, sugar, oil, cinnamon, salt and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in oats, cranberries (or raisins), pecans and flour. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool; cut into bars with a lightly oiled knife.
Per serving: 119 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 44 mg sodium; 17 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Baked Goods, bars & cookies
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Diabetes appropriate
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1998