Fruit & Pecan Granola Bars
From EatingWell: January/February 1998
Granola bars are a snap to make—keep a batch of these on hand for when hunger strikes.
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups toasted oats
- 2/3 cup chopped dried cranberries, or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-by-11-inch pan with foil. Coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk egg, egg white, sugar, oil, cinnamon, salt and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in oats, cranberries (or raisins), pecans and flour. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool; cut into bars with a lightly oiled knife.
Per serving: 119 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 44 mg sodium; 17 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Baked Goods, bars & cookies
- Ease of Preparation
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Diabetes appropriate
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- January/February 1998