Fruit & Pecan Granola Bars
From EatingWell: January/February 1998
Granola bars are a snap to make—keep a batch of these on hand for when hunger strikes.
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups toasted oats
- 2/3 cup chopped dried cranberries, or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-by-11-inch pan with foil. Coat with cooking spray.
- Whisk egg, egg white, sugar, oil, cinnamon, salt and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in oats, cranberries (or raisins), pecans and flour. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool; cut into bars with a lightly oiled knife.
Per serving: 119 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 44 mg sodium; 17 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Baked Goods, bars & cookies
- Ease of Preparation
- Health & Diet Considerations
- Diabetes appropriate
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- January/February 1998