Fruit Compote with Coconut
Get a vitamin-C boost when you toss strawberries, cantaloupe and kiwi are tossed with crystallized ginger and orange juice in this quick compote.
- 1/2 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup cantaloupe balls, or cubes (1/2 cantaloupe)
- 2 kiwis, peeled, cut in half and sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut, toasted (see Tip)
- Combine strawberries, cantaloupe, kiwis, orange juice, ginger and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir gently. Serve in individual bowls, sprinkled with toasted coconut.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast coconut: Place coconut in a small dry skillet and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes or spread in a shallow baking dish and bake at 350°F until light golden and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.
Per serving: 97 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 21 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 17 mg sodium; 335 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (140% daily value), Vitamin A (33% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique