Frozen Peanut Butter-Pretzel Pie
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
If you like chocolate and peanut butter together, try this frozen peanut-butter-and-pretzel pie recipe in a chocolate cookie crust. The sweet vanilla frozen yogurt and chocolate cookie crust combine with the salty flavors of pretzels and peanut butter for an irresistible dessert.
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup broken thin pretzel sticks, plus more for garnish
- 1 9-inch chocolate-cookie pie crust
- Combine frozen yogurt and peanut butter in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup pretzel pieces. Spread into crust. Freeze until very firm, at least 3 hours. Let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving. Top with more pretzel pieces, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and keep in the freezer for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 288 calories; 15 g fat (4 g sat, 7 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 16 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 1 g fiber; 317 mg sodium; 266 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 high-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2013