Frozen Peanut Butter-Pretzel Pie
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
If you like chocolate and peanut butter together, try this frozen peanut-butter-and-pretzel pie recipe in a chocolate cookie crust. The sweet vanilla frozen yogurt and chocolate cookie crust combine with the salty flavors of pretzels and peanut butter for an irresistible dessert.
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup broken thin pretzel sticks, plus more for garnish
- 1 9-inch chocolate-cookie pie crust
- Combine frozen yogurt and peanut butter in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup pretzel pieces. Spread into crust. Freeze until very firm, at least 3 hours. Let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving. Top with more pretzel pieces, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and keep in the freezer for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 288 calories; 15 g fat (4 g sat, 7 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 16 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 1 g fiber; 317 mg sodium; 266 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 high-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- May/June 2013