Frozen Peanut Butter-Pretzel Pie
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
If you like chocolate and peanut butter together, try this frozen peanut-butter-and-pretzel pie recipe in a chocolate cookie crust. The sweet vanilla frozen yogurt and chocolate cookie crust combine with the salty flavors of pretzels and peanut butter for an irresistible dessert.
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup broken thin pretzel sticks, plus more for garnish
- 1 9-inch chocolate-cookie pie crust
- Combine frozen yogurt and peanut butter in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup pretzel pieces. Spread into crust. Freeze until very firm, at least 3 hours. Let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving. Top with more pretzel pieces, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and keep in the freezer for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 288 calories; 15 g fat (4 g sat, 7 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 16 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 1 g fiber; 317 mg sodium; 266 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 high-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- May/June 2013