Frozen Peanut Butter-Pretzel Pie
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
If you like chocolate and peanut butter together, try this frozen peanut-butter-and-pretzel pie recipe in a chocolate cookie crust. The sweet vanilla frozen yogurt and chocolate cookie crust combine with the salty flavors of pretzels and peanut butter for an irresistible dessert.
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup broken thin pretzel sticks, plus more for garnish
- 1 9-inch chocolate-cookie pie crust
- Combine frozen yogurt and peanut butter in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup pretzel pieces. Spread into crust. Freeze until very firm, at least 3 hours. Let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving. Top with more pretzel pieces, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and keep in the freezer for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 288 calories; 15 g fat (4 g sat, 7 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 16 g added sugars; 8 g protein; 1 g fiber; 317 mg sodium; 266 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 high-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2013