Frozen Berry Yogurt
From EatingWell: Charter Issue, 1990
Though this frozen yogurt may be made with only one kind of berry, a combination of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries will deliver a richer, more complex flavor.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen and thawed berries, (raspberries, blackberries and/or blueberries)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen orange-juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- Puree berries in a food processor or blender until smooth. Pass through a sieve to remove seeds. (There should be about 2 cups.)
- Puree banana in the food processor; add the berry puree, brown sugar, orange-juice concentrate and vanilla, then blend. Add yogurt and blend briefly.
- Transfer to an ice-cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 148 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 5 g fiber; 48 mg sodium; 441 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (71% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ice Cream Maker
- Charter Issue, 1990