Frozen Berry Yogurt
From EatingWell: Charter Issue, 1990
Though this frozen yogurt may be made with only one kind of berry, a combination of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries will deliver a richer, more complex flavor.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen and thawed berries, (raspberries, blackberries and/or blueberries)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen orange-juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- Puree berries in a food processor or blender until smooth. Pass through a sieve to remove seeds. (There should be about 2 cups.)
- Puree banana in the food processor; add the berry puree, brown sugar, orange-juice concentrate and vanilla, then blend. Add yogurt and blend briefly.
- Transfer to an ice-cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 148 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 5 g fiber; 48 mg sodium; 441 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (71% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ice Cream Maker
- Charter Issue, 1990