Frozen Berry Yogurt
From EatingWell: Charter Issue, 1990
Though this frozen yogurt may be made with only one kind of berry, a combination of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries will deliver a richer, more complex flavor.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen and thawed berries, (raspberries, blackberries and/or blueberries)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen orange-juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- Puree berries in a food processor or blender until smooth. Pass through a sieve to remove seeds. (There should be about 2 cups.)
- Puree banana in the food processor; add the berry puree, brown sugar, orange-juice concentrate and vanilla, then blend. Add yogurt and blend briefly.
- Transfer to an ice-cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 148 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 5 g fiber; 48 mg sodium; 441 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (71% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ice Cream Maker
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Charter Issue, 1990