Frozen Berry Yogurt
From EatingWell: Charter Issue, 1990
Though this frozen yogurt may be made with only one kind of berry, a combination of raspberries, blackberries and blueberries will deliver a richer, more complex flavor.
- 4 cups fresh or frozen and thawed berries, (raspberries, blackberries and/or blueberries)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen orange-juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- Puree berries in a food processor or blender until smooth. Pass through a sieve to remove seeds. (There should be about 2 cups.)
- Puree banana in the food processor; add the berry puree, brown sugar, orange-juice concentrate and vanilla, then blend. Add yogurt and blend briefly.
- Transfer to an ice-cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 week. Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
Per serving: 148 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 5 g fiber; 48 mg sodium; 441 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (71% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 1/2 fruit
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ice Cream Maker
- Charter Issue, 1990