Mini Frozen Baklava
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
Try this recipe for frozen mini baklava bites using low-fat frozen yogurt the next time you want to whip up a quick dessert. Shelf-stable mini phyllo cups are widely available, but for this recipe the frozen cups are best.
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios, plus 15 shelled pistachios, divided
- 15 frozen mini phyllo cups (1.9-ounce package)
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Combine frozen yogurt and pistachios in a medium bowl. Keeping phyllo cups in their plastic tray, fill each with about 2 teaspoons of the frozen yogurt. Drizzle with honey and top with a whole pistachio. Freeze until firm, at least 1 1/2 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and keep in the freezer for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 46 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 16 mg sodium; 53 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- May/June 2013