Mini Frozen Baklava
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
Try this recipe for frozen mini baklava bites using low-fat frozen yogurt the next time you want to whip up a quick dessert. Shelf-stable mini phyllo cups are widely available, but for this recipe the frozen cups are best.
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios, plus 15 shelled pistachios, divided
- 15 frozen mini phyllo cups (1.9-ounce package)
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Combine frozen yogurt and pistachios in a medium bowl. Keeping phyllo cups in their plastic tray, fill each with about 2 teaspoons of the frozen yogurt. Drizzle with honey and top with a whole pistachio. Freeze until firm, at least 1 1/2 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and keep in the freezer for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 46 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 16 mg sodium; 53 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- May/June 2013