Mini Frozen Baklava
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
Try this recipe for frozen mini baklava bites using low-fat frozen yogurt the next time you want to whip up a quick dessert. Shelf-stable mini phyllo cups are widely available, but for this recipe the frozen cups are best.
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios, plus 15 shelled pistachios, divided
- 15 frozen mini phyllo cups (1.9-ounce package)
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Combine frozen yogurt and pistachios in a medium bowl. Keeping phyllo cups in their plastic tray, fill each with about 2 teaspoons of the frozen yogurt. Drizzle with honey and top with a whole pistachio. Freeze until firm, at least 1 1/2 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and keep in the freezer for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 46 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 16 mg sodium; 53 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Our healthy sandwich recipes, salad recipes and dip recipes...
If you’re trying to slim down, try adding foods to your diet...
There’s no “magic bullet” for preventing high blood pressure...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
If you’re feeling blue—or want to ward off feeling that way—...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
When you’re trying to slim down, a high-fiber, low-calorie...
Research shows that a compound in chiles, called capsaicin,...
You can still enjoy the delicious summertime flavor of...
Skip the frozen veggie burgers and make your own vegetarian...
Healthy pasta dishes are at the heart of Italian cuisine....
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Make a delicious Easter brunch or dinner this year with our...
Berries and other spring fruit star in our healthy Easter...
If you’re entertaining this Easter or bringing a dish to...
Make your Passover meal light and healthful with some of our...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- May/June 2013