Mini Frozen Baklava
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
Try this recipe for frozen mini baklava bites using low-fat frozen yogurt the next time you want to whip up a quick dessert. Shelf-stable mini phyllo cups are widely available, but for this recipe the frozen cups are best.
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios, plus 15 shelled pistachios, divided
- 15 frozen mini phyllo cups (1.9-ounce package)
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Combine frozen yogurt and pistachios in a medium bowl. Keeping phyllo cups in their plastic tray, fill each with about 2 teaspoons of the frozen yogurt. Drizzle with honey and top with a whole pistachio. Freeze until firm, at least 1 1/2 hours.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and keep in the freezer for up to 3 days.
Per serving: 46 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 3 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 16 mg sodium; 53 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- May/June 2013