Fresh Mint Chutney
This tangy herb chutney is delicious with grilled salmon or lamb. For the best results, make it shortly before serving.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 small serrano or jalapeño pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and peeled
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Place sugar and salt in a food processor. With the motor running, drop ginger, peppers and garlic through the feed tube; process until very finely chopped. Add mint and pulse until finely chopped. Add vinegar and oil and pulse to mix. Transfer to a small serving bowl. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 41 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 389 mg sodium; 14 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (50% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)