Fresh Mint & Chile Sauce
This spicy bright green sauce, a traditional Indian condiment, is superb on grilled chicken, lamb or salmon, with basmati rice.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 small serrano chile, or jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 cups packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar, or to taste
- Place sugar and salt in a blender or mini food processor. With the motor running, drop ginger, chile and garlic through the feed tube and process until minced.
- Add mint and vinegar and pulse until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides of workbowl as needed. Transfer to a small serving bowl. Serve within 30 minutes.
Per tablespoon: 15 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 153 mg sodium; 111 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (20% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique