Fresh Mint & Chile Sauce
This spicy bright green sauce, a traditional Indian condiment, is superb on grilled chicken, lamb or salmon, with basmati rice.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 small serrano chile, or jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 cups packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar, or to taste
- Place sugar and salt in a blender or mini food processor. With the motor running, drop ginger, chile and garlic through the feed tube and process until minced.
- Add mint and vinegar and pulse until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides of workbowl as needed. Transfer to a small serving bowl. Serve within 30 minutes.
Per tablespoon: 15 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 153 mg sodium; 111 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (20% dv), Iron (15% dv).
Exchanges: Free Food
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory