Fresh Herb & Snap Pea Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Quickly cooked snap peas retain their distinctive crunch, becoming the star in this simple green salad.
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive, walnut or almond oil
- 2 tablespoons fruity vinegar, such as raspberry or pomegranate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups packed mâche, or mixed baby lettuce
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives, (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add snap peas and cook until bright green but still crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Toast almonds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add lettuce, chives, tarragon and the snap peas and toss. Serve sprinkled with the almonds.
Per serving: 123 calories; 9 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 169 mg sodium; 232 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (45% daily value), Vitamin C (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2008