Fresh Herb & Snap Pea Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Quickly cooked snap peas retain their distinctive crunch, becoming the star in this simple green salad.
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive, walnut or almond oil
- 2 tablespoons fruity vinegar, such as raspberry or pomegranate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups packed mâche, or mixed baby lettuce
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives, (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add snap peas and cook until bright green but still crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Toast almonds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add lettuce, chives, tarragon and the snap peas and toss. Serve sprinkled with the almonds.
Per serving: 123 calories; 9 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 169 mg sodium; 232 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (45% daily value), Vitamin C (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2008