Fresh Herb & Snap Pea Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2008
Quickly cooked snap peas retain their distinctive crunch, becoming the star in this simple green salad.
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive, walnut or almond oil
- 2 tablespoons fruity vinegar, such as raspberry or pomegranate
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups packed mâche, or mixed baby lettuce
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives, (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add snap peas and cook until bright green but still crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Toast almonds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add lettuce, chives, tarragon and the snap peas and toss. Serve sprinkled with the almonds.
Per serving: 123 calories; 9 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 169 mg sodium; 232 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (45% daily value), Vitamin C (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2008