Fresh Grapefruit in Honey-Thyme Syrup
Top jewel-like grapefruit sections with a thyme-infused syrup for a simple elegant ending to brunch or supper.
- 3 large pink or red grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- Fresh thyme sprigs for garnish
- Remove the skin and white pith from grapefruit with a sharp knife and discard. Working over a bowl to catch the juice, cut the grapefruit segments from their surrounding membranes, letting them drop into the bowl. Squeeze the juice from the membranes into a small saucepan. Drain any juice from the bowl of segments into the pan as well.
- Crush thyme leaves with the back of a spoon to release their fragrance. Add them to the saucepan, along with wine and honey. Simmer over medium-low heat until the sauce has reduced to 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes. Strain the syrup into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- To serve, arrange the grapefruit sections in shallow bowls and drizzle with syrup. Garnish each serving with a thyme sprig.
Per serving: 170 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 385 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (147% daily value), Vitamin A (47% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)