Fresh Grapefruit in Honey-Thyme Syrup
Top jewel-like grapefruit sections with a thyme-infused syrup for a simple elegant ending to brunch or supper.
- 3 large pink or red grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- Fresh thyme sprigs for garnish
- Remove the skin and white pith from grapefruit with a sharp knife and discard. Working over a bowl to catch the juice, cut the grapefruit segments from their surrounding membranes, letting them drop into the bowl. Squeeze the juice from the membranes into a small saucepan. Drain any juice from the bowl of segments into the pan as well.
- Crush thyme leaves with the back of a spoon to release their fragrance. Add them to the saucepan, along with wine and honey. Simmer over medium-low heat until the sauce has reduced to 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes. Strain the syrup into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- To serve, arrange the grapefruit sections in shallow bowls and drizzle with syrup. Garnish each serving with a thyme sprig.
Per serving: 170 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 3 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 385 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (147% daily value), Vitamin A (47% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit