Love it with cilantro for extra flavor!
Fresh Corn & Red Pepper Bisque
Use the freshest and sweetest ears you can find for this corn and red pepper bisque. We use just a bit of reduced-fat sour cream in this soup to give it a creamy body, without the heavy cream usually used in a bisque.
5 Reviews for Fresh Corn & Red Pepper Bisque
Excellent results using frozen corn, but otherwise prepared recipe exactly as written. Warmed it up with 1/4tsp of sriracha sauce, which gave a pleasant background heat. Perfect lunch on a cold, rainy day.
I don't know how you can be confused about this recipe; it CLEARLY states to use chicken/veggie broth. - make this at least once a month or more! Excellent! I cook the red pepper with the corn and puree it with thw mixture as well....gives it better red pepper flavor.
My mother had made this and reheated leftovers for lunch while we were prepping for Thanksgiving dinner. It was outstanding! The multi-layered flavors were perfectly rounded out by the smooth texture, and I insisted she give me the recipe immediately. It was creamy enough to be decadent, and I would never have guessed that the sour cream was reduced fat!
i'm quite confused of this recipe actually,do we use water or chicken broth for the cooking liquid?
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)