I made it dairy free by cooking sweet frozen corn, chicken stock and potatoes separately, then blending with a stick blender when the potato chunks were soft, to which I added the veggie mixture. The soup came out nice and creamy.
Fresh Corn Chowder
From EatingWell: July/August 1998
Turkey bacon gives this creamy corn chowder a fabulous flavor without adding a lot of saturated fat. The soup has less than 190 calories per serving so it's an excellent choice if you are watching your weight. If you don't have fresh corn, frozen will work just as well.
2 Reviews for Fresh Corn Chowder
FABULOUS!!! I made this the other night exactly according to the recipe and it was delicious!! I added a little salt (to my taste) and my fiance added a can of crab meat. It made a delicious, healthy dinner. I've been looking for a good corn chowder recipe forever and this is it!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)