Fresh Berry Gratin
From EatingWell: March/April 1993
The aroma of warm berries in this effortless tart is sublime.
- 3 cups fresh berries, (raspberries, blueberries and/or blackberries)
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, (Neufchatel), softened
- 3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- Place berries in an even layer in a 9-inch pie plate or divide among 4 individual gratin dishes. Whisk together cream cheese, milk and lemon juice in a small bowl. Spread over the berries, leaving the outer edge uncovered. Set aside in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
- Preheat the broiler. Press sugar through a coarse sieve over the berries, covering them evenly. Broil until the sugar has melted, about 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 191 calories; 7 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 22 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 120 mg sodium; 189 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- March/April 1993