Fresh Berry Gratin
From EatingWell: March/April 1993
The aroma of warm berries in this effortless tart is sublime.
- 3 cups fresh berries, (raspberries, blueberries and/or blackberries)
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, (Neufchatel), softened
- 3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- Place berries in an even layer in a 9-inch pie plate or divide among 4 individual gratin dishes. Whisk together cream cheese, milk and lemon juice in a small bowl. Spread over the berries, leaving the outer edge uncovered. Set aside in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
- Preheat the broiler. Press sugar through a coarse sieve over the berries, covering them evenly. Broil until the sugar has melted, about 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 191 calories; 7 g fat (4 g sat, 2 g mono); 22 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 120 mg sodium; 189 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (35% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 1 hour or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- March/April 1993