Dario’s Florentine Steak
From EatingWell: September/October 2014
While the cooking method for this steak recipe means standing it up on the “T,” celebrity Florentine butcher Dario Cecchini guarantees it yields truly juicy results. It’s important to get a T-bone steak that’s 1 1/2 inches thick or it won’t stand on its end on the grill, as instructed. Ask your butcher to cut one to order for you.
- 2 T-bone steaks (2 1/2-3 pounds total), about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator about 1 hour before you’re ready to grill.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cook the steaks for 4 minutes on each side, then balance each steak on end and cook for about 5 minutes more for medium-rare, 6 to 8 minutes for medium. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, cut the steak off the bones and cut it into cubes. Serve drizzled with oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 437 calories; 29 g fat (11 g sat, 14 g mono); 101 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 41 g protein; 0 g fiber; 443 mg sodium; 511 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin B12 (61% daily value), Zinc (52% dv), Iron (31% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Father's Day
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2014