Dario’s Florentine Steak
From EatingWell: September/October 2014
While the cooking method for this steak recipe means standing it up on the “T,” celebrity Florentine butcher Dario Cecchini guarantees it yields truly juicy results. It’s important to get a T-bone steak that’s 1 1/2 inches thick or it won’t stand on its end on the grill, as instructed. Ask your butcher to cut one to order for you.
- 2 T-bone steaks (2 1/2-3 pounds total), about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator about 1 hour before you’re ready to grill.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cook the steaks for 4 minutes on each side, then balance each steak on end and cook for about 5 minutes more for medium-rare, 6 to 8 minutes for medium. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, cut the steak off the bones and cut it into cubes. Serve drizzled with oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 437 calories; 29 g fat (11 g sat, 14 g mono); 101 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 41 g protein; 0 g fiber; 443 mg sodium; 511 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin B12 (61% daily value), Zinc (52% dv), Iron (31% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Father's Day
- September/October 2014