Dario’s Florentine Steak
From EatingWell: September/October 2014
While the cooking method for this steak recipe means standing it up on the “T,” celebrity Florentine butcher Dario Cecchini guarantees it yields truly juicy results. It’s important to get a T-bone steak that’s 1 1/2 inches thick or it won’t stand on its end on the grill, as instructed. Ask your butcher to cut one to order for you.
- 2 T-bone steaks (2 1/2-3 pounds total), about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator about 1 hour before you’re ready to grill.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cook the steaks for 4 minutes on each side, then balance each steak on end and cook for about 5 minutes more for medium-rare, 6 to 8 minutes for medium. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, cut the steak off the bones and cut it into cubes. Serve drizzled with oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 437 calories; 29 g fat (11 g sat, 14 g mono); 101 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 41 g protein; 0 g fiber; 443 mg sodium; 511 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin B12 (61% daily value), Zinc (52% dv), Iron (31% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Father's Day
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 2014