Dario’s Florentine Steak
From EatingWell: September/October 2014
While the cooking method for this steak recipe means standing it up on the “T,” celebrity Florentine butcher Dario Cecchini guarantees it yields truly juicy results. It’s important to get a T-bone steak that’s 1 1/2 inches thick or it won’t stand on its end on the grill, as instructed. Ask your butcher to cut one to order for you.
- 2 T-bone steaks (2 1/2-3 pounds total), about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator about 1 hour before you’re ready to grill.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Cook the steaks for 4 minutes on each side, then balance each steak on end and cook for about 5 minutes more for medium-rare, 6 to 8 minutes for medium. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve, cut the steak off the bones and cut it into cubes. Serve drizzled with oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 437 calories; 29 g fat (11 g sat, 14 g mono); 101 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 41 g protein; 0 g fiber; 443 mg sodium; 511 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin B12 (61% daily value), Zinc (52% dv), Iron (31% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Father's Day
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2014