Florentine Hash Skillet
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Here’s a super-quick all-in-one-skillet breakfast to start your day, loaded with hash browns, spinach, egg and cheese.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen hash browns or precooked shredded potatoes (see Note)
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Layer hash browns and spinach into the pan. Crack egg on top and sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheese. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the hash browns are starting to brown on the bottom, the egg is set and the cheese is melted, 4 to 7 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient note: Shredded cooked potatoes can be found in the refrigerated produce section or dairy section of most supermarkets.
Per serving: 226 calories; 15 g fat (5 g sat, 7 g mono); 226 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 9 g added sugars; 13 g protein; 3 g fiber; 374 mg sodium; 352 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2010