Florentine Hash Skillet
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Here’s a super-quick all-in-one-skillet breakfast to start your day, loaded with hash browns, spinach, egg and cheese.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup frozen hash browns or precooked shredded potatoes (see Note)
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Layer hash browns and spinach into the pan. Crack egg on top and sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheese. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the hash browns are starting to brown on the bottom, the egg is set and the cheese is melted, 4 to 7 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient note: Shredded cooked potatoes can be found in the refrigerated produce section or dairy section of most supermarkets.
Per serving: 226 calories; 15 g fat (5 g sat, 7 g mono); 226 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 9 g added sugars; 13 g protein; 3 g fiber; 374 mg sodium; 352 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2010