I had to add my own flavor. Over all a great recipe.
Five-Spice Turkey & Lettuce Wraps
From EatingWell: June/July 2006
Based on a popular Chinese dish, these fun wraps also make appealing appetizers for entertaining. Make it a meal: Serve with chile-garlic sauce and rice vinegar for extra zip; toss diced mango and strawberries with lime juice for a quick dessert.
45 Reviews for Five-Spice Turkey & Lettuce Wraps
Perhaps it needs more heat? i followed the recipe exactly asnit was written, and neither my husband or myself finished our meal. More spice? More zip? Needs something... Won't make again.
even my 8-year love these!!
This came out so awesome and it's perfect for someone who lives alone - a filling dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day or two. I added almost twice as much hoisen sauce & that added a lot more flavor. I only used cilantro for my herb & didn't feel like it was missing anything. I bet this would also be good with tofu substituted for the turkey...
Made these last night and they were fantastic! Prepared, this recipe fed 3 people easily, with plenty of leftovers.
Buying all the ingredients for the 1st time can be somewhat expensive, but if you already have them in your pantry, then it's a pretty inexpensive dish to make.
I followed the recipe exactly, with the exception of adding and extra tbsp. of hoison sauce, sriracha, and chili garlic sauce. Also added a dash of sea salt, but I could have achieved a little more saltiness with a tad more soy sauce. Also, I dashed some seasoned rice vinegar on the actual lettuce wraps once they were all put together. I used fresh cilantro and chives for my herb topping. Was quite spicy, but I'm a spicy kind of girl! Loved this recipe, will make it again!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)