Very nice flavor. I served the sauce with baked salmon instead of beef. I cooked down the sauce a bit longer to really condense the flavor. I put 1/4 tsp of shitimi togarashi (Japanese pepper powder) since I didn't have jalapeno pepper. It added a kick. I also used Scotch instead of Bourbon. I'll make it again with other meat.
Filet Mignon with Blueberry-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
Blueberries, loaded with antioxidants, have a balance of sweet and sour, which makes them an excellent base for a rich, tangy barbecue sauce. Fresh thyme rubbed on the steak dovetails wonderfully with the blueberries. Serve with fresh tomato wedges.
3 Reviews for Filet Mignon with Blueberry-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
Like this sauce! It's so easy to make, and yet so yummy. I added a pinch of smoked sea salt and ancho chili powder. Will definitely make again.
Very good! I added about 1/4 tsp of chipotle powder to the sauce and loved it. The sauce would be great with duck or pork and braised cabbage, too.
Fed one of the leftovers to a co-worker and got high praise. The last filet is going to be topped with melted provolone and sauteed onion on a slider roll for a treat tonight.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)